About this role:
Wells Fargo Consumer & Small Business Banking Technology is seeking two Software Engineering Senior Managers to lead our customer journey delivery. Dynamic technology leaders to lead multiple engineering teams and provide executive level technical oversight on various roadmap initiatives related to consumer banking products and platforms. Modernize and enhance the experience for our customers engagement with Wells Fargo both online and in our physical branches. In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Engage in hands-on design with experienced product leaders, systems architects, and engineers to develop capabilities based on the customer needs within an aligned portfolio.
- Lead engineering teams to deliver commitments aligned to line of business strategic priorities
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continuously improving software engineering practices and productivity of teams; developer efficiency.
- Drive innovation, quality, and resiliency within a fast paced environment.
- Recommend risk management requirements for supported area and partner with stakeholders to implement system controls.
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders, more experienced product leaders, and all levels of professionals, including senior managers
- Responsible for development practices, automation, educating teams on emerging technologies, code quality, and coaching teams to deliver in a more incremental fashion
- Ensures non-functional requirements are met for epics and features being introduced into the product/application stack
- Act as the primary interface with third party vendors and technology service providers supporting products within the portfolio
- Key contributor to the product roadmap developing strategy, OKR's, controls, and application modernization while leveraging an agile product mindset.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture to offer architectural POV, engineering thought leadership and communicate aligned strategies for target software development and coaching engineers to reach a strategic technology solution.
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives
- Drives a strategy to reduce the total cost of ownership for applications within their respective teams and the organization, including the sunrise/sunset and risk portfolio management.
- Participates in ceremonies, collaborating with the Scrum Masters/Agile Coaches by providing valuable support to the teams
- Ensures team has the right skillset to engage in and support epic/feature level refinement with appropriate design principles and architectural direction by providing coaching and feedback from the design stage to code reviews. Engineering Manager can help direct work to the right team with the appropriate skills.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years management experience
- 4+ years of experience leading a global organization through a transformation from a project-based organization to a Customer Journey and Product based organization based on Agile methodologies
- Experience building microservices based on event driven architecture and domain driven design
- 3+ years of experience in designing and engineering cloud native solutions
- 3+ years of experience in attracting, hiring, and retaining top engineering talent
- Experience as an Engineering Manager operating as a servant leader who's focused on team development, but also as technology leaders and critical thinkers for company and personal growth.
- Ability to build cohesive, high functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion
- Ability to work within a matrix organization, balancing the needs of the customer and firm
- Ability to design and build appropriate products and services to meet the clients needs
- Experience managing multiple agile teams to deliver in alignment with customer needs with transparency stakeholders
- Identify, manage and resolve complex issues, preventing escalations, where possible
- Manage, negotiate and resolve project risks effectively in collaboration with business product teams
- Demonstrate, by example, in-depth knowledge of industry leading engineering practices, including coaching, learning and mentoring
We Value Diversity
- Flexibility to work additional hours outside regular business hours.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Agile Methodology
- Cloud Computing
- Code Review
- Commercial Banking