Responsible for obtaining materials, components, and equipment in a DOD environment - requiring knowledge and understanding of the FAR/DFARs. Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned levels. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle. Evaluates supplier reliability, develops new supply sources where suppliers are inadequate. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Aids engineering when required in the development of new specifications for contract orders. Responsible for supporting all small business plan activities inclusive of all division submittals necessary for reporting information to the government through the companys
1. Review, quote and convert firm planned order releases, work orders from planning teams, and internal requisitions into purchase orders. Voucher all orders for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
2. Obtain written quotations from all suppliers in support of competitive bidding.
3. Work with suppliers to expedite purchase order deliveries. Attend all production meetings in support of manufacturing requirements. Responsiveness to all manufacturing departments for the notification of expected delivery dates, delays and back orders.
4. Maintains accurate supplier, purchase order and department files.
5. Understands and utilizes the ASL (Approved Supplier List) in supporting the timely placement of purchase orders if primary suppliers are unable to support our demand.
6. Searches out alternate vendors or supplies to be prepared in case of material shortages and stock outages.
7. Meets with suppliers seeking to establish relationships with our company. Reviews materials presented and forwards the information to the (SBMT) Supply Base Management Team along with recommendation as whether the supplier deserves further consideration.
8. Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
1. Requires one to five years of related experience in a production environment.
2. Comfortable with computer word processing, order, inventory forms, and spreadsheets.
3. Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the purchasing department and all cross functional teams.
4. Well organized and able to carry out assignments with some supervision.
5. Knowledge of InforLN MRP a plus.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
• Ability to type for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Based upon your job duties, and need to visit different areas within Randtron, you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
• May be required to move items 25 pounds for distances of up to 25 feet
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.