Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scientific Research Corporation supports the production, testing and acceptance of US Navy's Signal's Intelligence (SIGINT) systems designed and manufactured by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM); to be installed on U.S. Navy ships, Coast Guard platforms, and shore sites. This support includes; but is not limited to; system performance test result analysis, system fault troubleshooting support to testing team, failure root cause analysis, on-site testing of radio frequency distribution equipment and antennas. This support, ultimately, is designed to ensure system products delivered to US Department of Defense customers are of the highest quality.
This Test Engineer will act as a contributor to small group of skilled Engineers supporting the OEM facility in the form of analysis of Production/Factory Acceptance Testing (PAT/FAT) results and travel up to 25% of the year to antenna testing facilities and ranges.
• When needed provide complex Antenna and RF troubleshooting support to technicians conducting on-site formal system testing events
• Analyze engineering change notices for impact to production test processes and flow
• Participate in Root Cause Corrective Analysis of faulty components identified during test events
• Perform antenna testing at multiple different test range facilities
• Review and analyze antenna and RF test results to ensure product meets pre-determined expectations
• Review and make recommendations to acceptance test procedures
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Solid foundation in Electrical engineering with an RF or Antennas focus
• Demonstrated creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to solve difficult technical problems with minimal oversight or guidance
• Collaborative teamwork skills interacting with technicians, production personnel and manufacturing leadership
• Ability to effectively train and develop production test workforce
• Ability to troubleshoot defective product and solve complex issues
• TS/SCI Cleared desired, but not initially required
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Working knowledge of RF performance and components including antennas, up/down converters, amplifiers and test equipment
• Analyzing engineering change notices for impact to production test processes and flow
• Test procedure development and redlining when updates are required
• Complex troubleshooting and performing Root Cause Analysis
• Hands-on experience utilizing digital and RF test equipment including signal generators, network analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
• Experience in a production test environment including configuration control, defect reporting and priority based tasking of a team
• Ability to travel for weeks at a time to test ranges throughout the United States
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE IS DESIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled