To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norcross, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager - Norcross, GA
Transdev North America • Norcross, GA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming. The General Manager directs the operations of a location, and has operations and other departments reporting into this position on a daily basis.
- Provides general guidance to department managers
- Provides strategic planning and direction to the operations
- Manages contract compliance
- Develops and manages the operational budget
- Assists the Corporate office with contract procurement, operational analysis, and price proposals
- Investigates, makes and administers decisions up to and including terminations
- Has overall responsibility for scheduling, performance evaluation, and staffing responsibilities for the management staff of the facility
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Logistics, Transportation or related field required.
- 5 or more years of relevant transit management experience required
- 5 or more years management/supervisory experience required
- Labor relations experience
- Business development experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit system’s staff and operational departments
- Ability to deal with state and local government
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience handling multiple locations
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
- Ability to work effectively with labor; including labor grievances and negotiations
Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% travel between properties and for meetings and outside training
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-9716
Position Category General Managers/Assistant General Managers/Operations Managers
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 450
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services