Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: "The Rotech Difference."
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a qualified Respiratory Therapist to join our Murray Operations team. In this position you will be responsible for providing telephonic support regarding respiratory equipment/supplies within their clinical expertise and education to field staff, referral sources, patients and caregivers. Also responsible for performing all tasks and communication related to CPAP compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Available for on-call assignments as needed, at this time the rotation is every 4 to 6 weeks
- On-call responsibilities are for phone consultations during non-business hours as outlined by Rotech's policy and the Manager (e.g., AHCC locations)
- Counsels and re-educates non-compliant patients based on physicians' instructions
- Gathers information from patients, care-givers, field personnel, etc. regarding equipment problems and troubleshoots problems based on information provided
- Initiates patient enrollment into CPAP Compliance Program
- Learns and understands basic insurance guidelines
- Maintains continuing education as necessary for performance of job responsibilities and as required for state licensure or certification
- Maintains up-to-date licensure certification or other requirements per state law in the state(s) of practice
- Makes determination of need for a physical visit when all other measures have been taken and are unsuccessful; contacts the location via e-mail or dispatches the PST or other personnel for physical visit
- Monitors patient's progress according to patient specific insurance guidelines and/or Rotech time-frame
- Performs diligence in securing all company information, including but not limited to company and patient information
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required by state licensure law or by the Manager
- Provides Clinical support to locations/field personnel with clinical related problems or needs, to answer troubleshooting questions
- Reviews appropriate manufacture system for compliance tracking
- Provides patient education as applicable. Education may include but is not limited to:
a) Respiratory equipment use, maintenance and safety
b) Physician's prescription for equipment use
c) Importance of compliance with physician's prescription
d) Benefits of therapy
e) Potential consequences of noncompliance
f) Potential adverse reactions/side effects from therapy
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver's license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of an accredited program/degree in respiratory care preferred; nursing or other paramedical training may be acceptable depending upon state licensure laws
- Credentials as a respiratory therapist, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT); RRT/CRT is preferred but other medical credentials may be acceptable (e.g., RN, LPN, LPV) depending upon state licensure laws
- Degree in respiratory therapy or related science is preferred
- Home respiratory care experience is preferred
- Maintain CEUs as required by state law, and if not required by state law, then maintain a minimum of 4 CEUs per year
- May be required to obtain license in neighboring states as required by service area of location
- Must be licensed in primary state of home office as required by state law and provide a copy of license to the location
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Available for on-call assignments as needed, flexibility to cover 24/7 call center operation; at this time the rotation is every 4 to 6 weeks
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork majority of the shift
- Requires occasional lifting of 10lbs
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening; walking and standing 5%, sitting 95%, talking and listening majority of the shift
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Basic computer skills in word processing (e.g. Word), spreadsheets (e.g. Excel), web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google, Fox Fire) and e-mail (e.g. Zimbra)
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- Understands use of all applicable home respiratory equipment and supplies
- Office environment
- Occasionally works alternative schedules to accommodate clinics
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
FACEBOOK LINKEDIN TWITTER
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.
Licensed Practical Nurse