Looking for a Great Company with Great Benefits and Great Employees - Look no further than Spectrum Brands Job Title Equipment Operator Job # US10628 Requisition Type Regular Function Distribution State/Province Kansas City Edgerton Region Posting Start Date Mar-22-2019 Division Information
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
As an equipment operator you will cycle count, receive, putaway, replenish and pick Spectrum Brands product.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
As a Spectrum Brands employee, you must ensure compliance with all safety policies, housekeeping rules,
OSHA standards/regulations and Spectrum Brands, HHI policies and procedures. You will be a vital part of the
Inbound/Outbound/Replenishment/Inventory team so attendance is extremely important as well as
collaborating between departments especially Inventory.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience Profile
functions of this position.
Cycle Count/Receiving/Putaway/Replenishing/Picking (70%)
• Participate in training for Hazmat, equipment, and safety procedures.
• Ensure products are stocked and fronted according to planograms and keeps aisles clear and neat.
• Care for DC equipment by refueling and charging when necessary.
• Notify Department Manager/supervisor/lead when products in box do not match box description and
records what was received versus what is missing.
• Ensure efficient disbursement of product from receiving to appropriate department.
• Complete stocking and/or top stock of direct (TL-LTL) freight as assigned on the Freight Flow Work list.
• Ensure good housekeeping standards are in place and programs are executed daily to guarantee that
DC (including work areas) is clean and organized at all times.
• Monitor power equipment use, ensures it adheres to Spectrum Brands’ safety standards, and reports
any violations to immediate supervisors.
• Re-sort incorrectly sorted items by delivering items to the specific department.
• Notify manager/supervisor of customer complaints, dissatisfaction, and procedure violations.
• Participate in recycling programs by making sure proper materials (e.g., Appliances, Plastics, and
Batteries) are recycled (e.g. Cardboard bale, Appliance trailer, or front of DC) as appropriate.
• Detect common signs of theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates to management
and Loss Prevention.
• Perform receiving duties, and Inventory maintenance.
• Ensure all damaged items are placed on an assigned pallet and remain in the receiving area.
• Ensure product is put away in proper locations
• Prioritize orders or the replenishment of short allocations
• Safely stage, wrap and load trailers
• Verify and audit locations for SKU accuracy, both in quantity and product
• Count and Audit locations per the Cycle Count Program.
Inventory Control (20%)
• Ensure back to stock is done in a timely manner
• Follow proper procedures to report inventory issues
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution or logistics business operation.
Licensed equipment operator.
• Must have operated equipment within the last year on a regular basis.
• Must have basic comprehension of the English language, to include speaking, listening, and reading.
NOTE: This requirement exists because this position requires a substantial amount of interaction with
powered equipment and stationary machinery where the ability to speak, listen, comprehend, and
read English at a basic level is necessary to reduce risk of injury and contributes to safe and effective
performance of the job. Languages other than English are not discouraged or prohibited from being
spoken in the workplace.
• Knowledge of key warehouse functions (i.e. Receiving, Inventory Management, Order Processing,
Replenishment, and Shipping).
• Familiarity with product by catalog number and handling characteristics.
• Familiar with Warehouse Management System (WMS) functionality.
• Lifts 26-40 pounds without assistance many times a day and also lifts 41-75 pounds without assistance
daily. Additionally this role lifts 76-100 pounds with assistance daily.
• Safety Harness: The ability to wear the safety harness to perform job functions.
• Protective Equipment: The ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job
• Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal
muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
• Proper Lifting Techniques: the ability to properly lift heavy objects or equipment. This includes the
knowledge of correct bending and lifting techniques as needed to properly position and use one’s
hands, feet, legs, arms, and back to lift objects or equipment, and to push, pull, and carry heavy
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job
tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, other Spectrum Brands
property or additional work areas.
• Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one’s eyes with one’s fingers, wrists, or arms to
move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
• Visual Acuity: The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels,
signs, video displays including iPads) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick , accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand,
one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Stamina: the ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing
repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
• Climbing: The ability to climb, work, and carry items up and down ladders.
• Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities with appropriate intermittent relief where
applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at
heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds.
• Tight Working Conditions: The willingness and ability to work in cramped/tight working conditions
where mobility is restricted.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment in a distribution center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. As an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Oil And Gas