To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redmond, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Business Administrator
Microsoft • Redmond, WA
Posted 2 months ago
Do you have initiative, flexibility, and thrive in fast-paced environments? Do want to work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do for Microsoft and its customers and make an impact on a global scale? Do you want to work in an environment where teammates are highly collaborative, supportive and treat each other with respect? Do you want to have fun while working hard? If so, join Microsoft's Corporate, External and Legal Affairs Group (CELA).
We are seeking an Executive Business Administrator to provide support to the Corporate Vice President of the CELA Experiences + Devices group.
In this role you will perform a variety of complex administrative functions in support of the CVP. The role requires strong collaboration and organizational skills, good judgment, great attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and strength in navigating and juggling multiple priorities. Respect, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with people inside and outside the company is important, as is a good sense of perspective.
Your ability to complete work quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and the ability to take effective action will be needed. A calm and reassuring manner, bringing confidence and focus to the role will be highly valued. You will also be managing and guiding contingent support staff.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Management of a complex CVP calendar where strategic prioritization of appointments is essential
• Provide support as needed to additional CELA E+D Leadership Team members
• Anticipate and resolve highest-level internal and external customer needs on behalf of the Executives, which results in improved customer satisfaction, an enhanced Microsoft corporate image and Executive accessibility
• Coordinate with other Executive Assistants for operational excellence across CELA, Experiences + Devices, and Microsoft
• Participate as a member of the CELA Experiences + Devices Leadership Team (LT), contributing to the setting of business priorities, providing perspectives on team morale, space, and resources and providing input on issues with teams across Microsoft
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics for LT staff meetings, All-Hands, events and off sites, including venue selection and meeting details
• Help manage contingent support staff
• Plan and coordinate domestic and international travel plans end to end
• Reconcile expense reports and ensure timely processing and approvals
• Assist Business Manager in project management and execution, including internal communication
• Maintain HeadTrax and MSS requests
• Process new hires including, but not limited to, setting up office, obtaining equipment and ensuring a smooth onboarding experience
• Space planning and coordinating moves
• Develop and implement processes and initiative to enable continuous improvement in administrative support to the CELA organization
• Work on special projects as assigned
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 5+ years of senior level business administrator experience in a fast-paced environment
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, planning, time management, project management, problem-solving, and anticipatory skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft software including, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and knowledge of internal Microsoft systems including HeadTrax, MSS, FIM, MyOrder2 and MS Expense2 is strongly preferred
• Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside the group with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups
• Ability to see the big picture as well as the details
• Possess resourcefulness and good judgment
• Ability to set and prioritize your own work agenda and drive team progress in key areas by being proactive, detail oriented, and a strong team player in a busy, and sometimes hectic environment, with a high degree of accuracy
• A good sense of humor and ability to connect with people inside and outside the team is a huge plus
This description has been designed to include the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.