As a Patient Access Associate 3, you will provide excellent service by identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer expectations. To help achieve our mission, you will perform assigned duties related to patient admissions while completing assigned activities related to patient scheduling for medical procedures. Verifying and entering insurance information and authorization/referral requirements into databases is of vital importance. Counseling patients on financial liability by using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services is expected. Ensuring a safe patient care environment to the fullest potential, in an effort to achieve team goals, is required.Job Responsibilities
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives - if necessary.
- Accepts and provides direct/honest feedback between team members in a non-punishing manner.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability through the use of appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Supports scheduling activities by conducting pre-service activities such as insurance verification/submission.
- Gathers information about customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
- Troubleshoots individual admission issues in collaboration with other departments/staff.
- Identifies and communicates payroll authorization and referral requirements.
- Delivers an acceptable volume of work with high levels of accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
If hired or transferred into an Ambulatory setting, team member is expected to successfully complete Inova Service Excellence Training within three months of hire/transfer date.About Us
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Health Care
- Safety Principles