To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burbank, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Catering Manager-Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
Marriott International • Burbank, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking an organized, confident and professional Catering Manager. Our beautiful hotel is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
- Outside sales solicitation to book, plan and coordinate meetings/functions while maximizing the banquet space to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services, answer customer inquiries.
- Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events.
- Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of event and meetings. Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports.
- Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise clerical staff in distribution of written materials.
- Type contracts, menus, letters and reports.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time is essential to the successful performance of his position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of he hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
1. Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through outside sales calls, with some supporting inside sales activities (telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc...) while maximizing banquet space. Execute a territorial marketing strategy to achieve/exceed sales goals.
2. Plan, up-sell and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel, resolve customer issues, complaints and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
3. Prepare status and period end reports to keep management abreast of activities.
4. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/hotel procedures and products and the competition's product, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals.
1. Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required
Knowledge and Skills
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Four-year college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Catering Sales experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years oversight of administrative staff.
- Marriott experience / CITY fluent preferable.
- Proven team player with a positive uplifting attitude.
- Food & Beverage experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food & beverage and hospitality professions.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently to interact with clients.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
- Basic mathematical skills to complete reports and points of sale.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Requires knowledge of the hotel policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
- Ability to drive to outside sales calls.
Related Keywords: Catering Manager-Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel