About Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a Linde company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy, and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information can be found at www.praxairsurfacetechnologies.com.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and leading the quality efforts in both Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) for the business to ensure customer satisfaction. This person will partner with customers, production, and plant leadership in addressing quality questions, problems, provide recommendations, establish, and monitor corrective actions.
• Organizes and creates documentation necessary for new applications, including job instructions, job routers, and standard operating procedures. Also responsible for interpretation of customer specification and blueprints associated with new and existing applications
• Reviews customer purchase orders, specification and prints to ensure processing meets all requirements
• Assist in establishing and documenting product quality standards. Responsible for release of and training against those standards
• Provides technical leadership on new product introductions
• Design and modify tooling / fixturing for new product introduction and improvement of existing processes
• Utilize skills to program coating equipment for new product introduction and engineering changes
• Manages non-conformance disposition and trend analysis. Generates project plans and reports from the analysis of the statistical data.
• Supervises quality personnel / technicians including training, direction, controlling work procedures, etc. to meet objectives
• Lead the investigation and resolution of customer complaints utilizing 8D problem solving methodology
• Develops and implements corrective actions to address non-conformances identified by audits, customer complaints and KPI reviews
• Develops quality system procedures and SOPs. Reviews and approves process documentation
• Supports the plants internal, external, and customer auditing process; Maintains ISO/NADCAP/AS-9100 registrations, as applicable
• Other Essential Job Functions as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
• Experience in diffusion coatings operations and processes/equipment typically used in a coatings-manufacturing environment
• Proven ability to combine theoretical training with practical experience in a "hands-on" environment
• Excellent data analysis skills.
• Must possess organizational skills with the ability to use resource materials to manage multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Engineering degree highly preferred
• Experience with ISO/AS quality systems
• Experience in tooling design, process design, and programming a plus
• LEAN/ Six Sigma green belt or black belt is a plus
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ and their families’ wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Computer Programming