UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
We have an opportunity for a Workforce Planning Sr Analyst to work with our Workforce Effectiveness team to maintain and execute on the Workforce Vision of “Enabling UnitedHealth Group contact centers to become a Competitive Advantage for our company."
As a Workforce Planning Sr Analyst, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create Demand forecasts using statistical models and probabilities to achieve financial and service objectives
- Collaborate with Operations and Finance on the budgetary process
- Collaborate with all levels of workforce groups/leadership to understand emerging trends
- Drive toward forecast/financial accuracy goals and objectives
- Present and explain complex staffing requirements to senior leadership and gain support
- Deliver Vendor Partner forecast models and their oversight (locked forecasts, cost of training, credits)
- Drive a culture of root cause analysis, with a focus on removing variation from the system and removing defects from processes
- Deliver contact rates
- Provide Membership impact analysis
- Partner in the impact assessment determination process to build into demand forecasts.
- Deliver the executive suite of services and reports
- Manage cross - functional interdependencies
- Be a strong change agent and resilient to roadblocks
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identified solutions
- Solves complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and complete work to meet established objectives
- Analytical skills
- Advanced statistical analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Superior planning and organizational skills that effectively allocate and manage resources across the site
- Solid problem solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
This is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment with a lot of moving parts. The challenge is in developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. You'll be expected to interpret and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources and use it to tell a meaningful story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in service operations center, call center or Workforce Management
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing projects
- Advanced understanding of analytic and presentation tools (Excel, PPT, Access, etc)
- 3+ years of experience working in systems administration, logistics, capacity planning, or reporting
- Experience with Workforce Management software (such as IEX, Aspect, Workforce Management IEX, Blue Pumpkin)
- Experience with accounting or financial planning
- Experience scheduling, conducting planning meetings, and managing capacity
- Health care industry experience
- Understanding of call center systems telecom hardware (PBX, ACD, IVR), call software tools and / or programming requirements (CMS modifications, vector scripting)
- Proven track record of identifying defects and process variation, and working to improve processes and reduce defects (Six Sigma, Lean methodologies)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work. (sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.