To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Torrance, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Career Opportunities at Nelson • Torrance, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Number: 2134230
$85,000 - $100,000
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting skills while also being a skilled day-to-day operator. This role will be responsible for or assist with day-to-day accounting operations, including period-end close, AP, AR, inventory, cash management, and payroll functions. This position will also help create and implement controls to safeguard the company while driving process improvements to establish a more efficient work environment. The ideal candidate will have a knack for rolling up their sleeves and jumping into the financial weeds while also acting as a self-directed, assured leader who can contribute to the team with minimal oversight.
- Assist in the oversight of all accounting activities: month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, stock comp expense, AP/AR processing, cash management/forecasting, payroll, reporting, etc.
- Perform technical accounting and implementation within a broad range of topics, including consolidations, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, and revenue. Lead in the crafting of detailed accounting memos related to acquisitions, divestitures, complex contracts, and other arrangements
- Assist in acquisition accounting and transaction structuring relating to any M&A activity
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system
- Develop and document internal controls, coordinate and complete annual audits, initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Compile quarterly GAAP financial statements; prepare analysis of all financial information underlying the statements and supporting schedules
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal reporting requirements (department of commerce, business property tax, government census surveys, etc.)
- Coordinate and organize billing of distributors, vendors, and partners
- Ad hoc financials analysis and reporting
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required; Masters in accounting preferred
- CPA required; inactive is ok
- Very strong understanding of GAAP; knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience working with public companies; IPO experience is a big plus
- Highly organized and able to work independently as well as partner with a team
- Experience with multiple accounting/ERP systems
- Business-minded with excellent communication skills
- Equally gifted tactician and delegator; an affinity for the daily nitty-gritty is essential
$85,000 - $100,000
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com http://www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."