Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role you will be responsible for defining technical solutions and architectures for the product lines. **This role is a combination of hands on work (up to 60% hands on coding) and solutioning**
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- In charge of leading the practice and introducing the overall technical vision for the entire portfolio
- Help define technical solutions and architectures to meet business needs through Agile process
- Develops services, controls, and reusable patterns that enable the team to deliver value safely, quickly, and sustainably in both Cloud and on Prem
- Provide technical guidance to delivery teammates including design patterns, best practice and implementation
- Teach and mentor the technical teams on solution building blocks
- Finding the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing or new business problems
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output
- Gather and analyze data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates
- Interact skillfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering with .NET, C#, non-relational database, MS SQL, Web API, JQuery, Ajax, CSS
- 1+ years of experience with cutting edge technologies and modernization programming languages, like .NET 5, .NET Core, Entity Core, Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Powershell, Terraform etc.
- 1+ years of experience with Security Scan, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Git, Fortify, Sonar
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ years of experience with Fortify, Sonar
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Knowledge of software and infrastructure security practices
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Solution Architect, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home