To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cañon City, CO 81212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Social Worker PAID Internship
Abraxas (A GEO Company) • Cañon City, CO
Posted 21 days ago
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Under the guidance and supervision of a Clinical Supervisor, this position supervises clients during the shift in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, this position assists in directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts and supervises clients in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Supervises movement or routine on the unit
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Escorts clients between locations within the facility such as the medical office, bathroom, or group room.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- 60 semester hours of college credits in a Human Services discipline and/or minimum 1 year experience working with At-Risk youth AND WORKING towards a Bachelor's degree in Social Worker
Ø At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Ø Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
Ø Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
Ø Valid driver's license from the employees’ state of residence.
Ø Valid registered vehicle insurance, if applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer