Paratransit Drivers needed in Bridgeport, CT
Transdev is hiring Paratransit Drivers in Bridgeport, CT to provide passengers with disabilities with safe, friendly transportation in vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access. This position focuses on non-emergency medical transportation, but we welcome candidates with experience in customer service, home health-care, and providing high-quality patient or other care. Transdev proudly serves our communities with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) transportation. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
- PAY RATE: $14.50/hr
- Paid Training, along with flexible work schedules
- Drive a paratransit bus and transport passengers around Bridgeport areain a safe and courteous manner
- Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
- Notify dispatch of any incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
- Other duties as required
- 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
REQUIRED A valid Commercial Driver’s License, in good standing, with (P) Passenger and (F) Public Passenger endoresements
- Excellent customer and communication skills
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Lift, push, pull wheelchairs, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance
- Move up and down stairs easily
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
For more information please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-CT-Bridgeport
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (11/18/2019 8:47 AM)
Requisition ID 2019-11669
Position Category Driver/Operator - Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 150
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services