To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL 33101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Director
CBRE • Miami, FL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
CBRE Heery seeks a Business Development Manager for our South Florida market. The position will be based in our downtown Miami office.
The Business Development Manager will work to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person supports defining long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. It is their responsibility to collaborate with the internal operations team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. The Business Development Manager will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct sell clients through meetings pitches and identify needs.
• Drives the client relationship and business development activities of the company across the geography
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
• Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
• Plan and prepare teams for prospecting and shortlist approaches and pitches.
• Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
• Oversees the creation of a wide variety of customized, professional-quality marketing materials for new pursuits (most commonly written proposals, RFP responses, and graphical presentations)
• Develops strong working relationships with subject matter experts throughout the organization at the functional and account management levels.
• Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers and other subject matter experts involved in opportunity pursuit
• Recommends staff recruitment and selection.
• Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
• No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
• 10-15 years of sales and/or capture planning experience within the Architecture/Engineering/Construction and/or Construction Management industry.
• Experience with solution sellin,long sales cycles and closing opportunities.
• Experience with canvassing, cold calling and networking to meet goals within a territory.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to prepare analytics and reports in a pre-designed style and format.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
• Ability to effectively present information.
• Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
• Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
• Experience working with and deciphering multiple types of RFP models preferred.
• Experience working with company procedures, policies and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
• Ability to set work unit and/or project deadlines.
• Experience with attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Preference given to technical degrees such as architecture, engineering, construction and project management.
• Masters Degree is a plus.