To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrenceville, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
DSV • Lawrenceville, GA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Job Posting Title: Business Analyst
The DSV Business Change Management (BCM) Logistics Engineer is responsible for successful optimization and delivery of Warehouse Management system (WMS) processes to DSV Solutions sites. The Logistics Engineer delivers functional, technical and business process expertise in multidiscipline project teams. Ensuring high quality in time deliverables.
Activities will be based out of one of the DSV Solutions clusters in the region. Main working area consists out of the United States, Canada and Mexico. Frequent travel is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and document client and business requirements
- Design, configure, test and implement WMS processes.
- Provide process optimization and improvement proposals based on business requirements
- Train key- and end-users on designed processes and functionalities
- Create functional designs for internal and external reports and documents.
- Create functional specifications for EDI integrations in cooperation with external parties and DSV Global IT.
- Keeps track and where needed escalates for on time delivery on deliverables requested from DSV Global IT.
- Gatekeeper for warehouse process standardization.
- Provide regular scheduled project updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze complex issues and client cases, and provide sensible generic solutions.
- Write functional specifications based on business requirements for applications changes and improvements.
- Advocate and sell best practices and standardization to internal (and external) parties
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand and anticipate customer needs for specific projects.
Other duties as assigned by management to support special projects, implementations, process improvements, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combinations of education and work experience.
- Extensive knowledge on warehouse processes and supporting system landscapes.
- 3-5 years of experience with JDA WMS (dispatcher preferred) or other major WMS products.
- Experience with functional specifications for EDI integration
- Experienced in working on small, fast paced project teams
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Core competencies
- Quick learner
- Able to articulate and voice own opinion, and sell your warehouse process design
- Computer Skills
- MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in one or more WMS
- SQL proficiency is a plus
- Language Skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Spanish is a plus
- Travel requirement is approximately 35%
- Able to travel domestically and internationally (including Europe)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a project based environment
- High School Diploma or GED is required
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.