Computer Systems Analyst - LIMS Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Computer Systems Analyst to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Design, implement, and manage data streams from study proposal
- Create data housing structures and work-flow
- Create data handing and chain of custody procedures for internal and external data transfer if not in place and monitor/improve existing procedures.
- Manage data formatting input and output
- Write SOPs for data work-flows and procedures, work with VIP QA personnel to validate
- Represent lab when needing to present data handling capabilities both internally or externally and work with prospective clients to implement new data streams
- Implement and maintain data processing scripts to transform data for upload and export to repositories and/or monitor/improve existing procedures.
- Implement and maintain reports for various data management systems
- Create QC criteria and protocols in regard to data quality and standardization work with the VIP QA personnel
- Train lab staff on data work-flow and procedures as well as best practices for data handling and formatting
- Support lab management with data processing needs such as exclusions or all data sets for reporting
- Support statisticians with data processing needs to provide them with data in required structure for statistical analysis with a variety of tools (eg SAS)
- Maintain LIMS systems
- Monitor the system, ensure LIMS is operational at all times, assist with upgrades
- Assist with new application interfacing such as Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN), maintenance and training, third party system integration etc.
- Maintain, monitor and improve where necessary internal structures, permissions, and users as needed by lab staff working in conjunction with IT
- Respond to issues experienced by lab staff and work in conjunction with IT to resolve issues
- Liaise with clinical, laboratory, QA and IT staff on all aspects relating to the LIMS system if required.
- Train staff on LIMS systems use
- Handle ordering and create cost projections on LIMS systems installation and annual maintenance
- Provide IT technician specifications of installation and management vendor travel and training
- Work with QA and IT on performance testing and validation of systems
- Liaise with vendors on new systems and feature development
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
- Four (4) years of experience in a computer related field. Demonstrates experience with various computer systems and software packages.
- Strong computer system expertise, from a super user rather than an IT perspective.
- Lab information management systems experience LabWare LIMS desirable.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize projects efficiently, as well as ability to work independently and proactively on various projects with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skill.
- Knowledge of governing regulations
- Excellent technical writing skills and good documentation practices with understanding of standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team setting and to handle high-through put environment.
- Ideally possess the ability to speak the language of laboratory, clinic, QA and IT personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills both technical and interpersonal.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Provide Technical Assistance
Software Development Life Cycle
See the next step in your career
Computer Systems Analyst - LIMS Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US3172JD_BH1528151
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kelly Government Solutions, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government, including prime and small business contractors. Our extensive network includes relationships with top federal and Department of Defense agencies and many others.
These partnerships enable us to provide you with flexible government employment and career advancement opportunities nationwide and across a wide range of professions, including:
- Information Technology
- Healthcare / Medical Research
- Positions with high-level security clearances
Kelly Government Solutions employees work more than 10,000 hours each day, and we put a new employee to work every two hours.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to "The Emerging New Workforce," a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile