Manage Purchasing Department operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity and quality control safety measures as established and set for the Purchasing Department. Ensure expedient, effectiveness and efficient purchasing operations. Enhance the purchasing operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the department’s and company’s policies. #CB
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Maintain constant communication with the VP of Purchasing, department heads, purchasing associates and trade partners to ensure proper operations of the organization.• Oversees the daily workings of purchasing operations. Plans, manages, and implements schedules to ensure deadlines are met, and maintains a high quality standard of product production and delivery.• Act as liaison with other departments, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring purchasing staff performance.• Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment while coordinating the setup and implementation of career development plans for all associates and problem resolutions.• Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.• Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to the VP of Purchasing.• Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with associates’ performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budgets of the division in collaboration with the VP of Purchasing.• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.• Manage relationships with key trade partners.• Work closely with the VP of Purchasing to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.• Manage relationships with key operations vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, supply chain, operations management, business administration, or related field.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a construction/purchasing operations management position.
- Strong budget development and oversight skills.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of branch operations and customer service.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in JDE, Hyphen Solutions BuildPro/SupplyPro, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project).