We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Entry Level JAVA Full Stack Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Design and implement JEE software applications in Tomcat\WebSphere Application Server\Weblogic\JBoss or any other related JEE server
• Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), JDeveloper, NetBeans, HP Quality Center and JIRA for design, development, and testing the software
• Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
• Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
• Web services
• Unix/ Linux
• Apache HTTP Server
• Java Web Containers (Tomcat\Jetty\etc)
• JEE Server experience (Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
Desired skills, but not required experience includes:
• Using the Eclipse
• Agile development approach
• Experience developing web applications using standard Frameworks like Struts / Spring MVC
• Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstr4ate solutions
• Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
Strong initiative: must be able to take a high level requirement, ask questions/seek clarification, and get the job done.
Ability to work in a high pressured, tight deadline environment
• Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment.
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independent.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
Clearance – Must pass CBP BI. Must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one.
Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen.
Job Location – 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA 22315
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at [ Link removed ]
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Java Database Connectivity
Java Enterprise Edition
Java Server Pages