OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Routinely shadow personal trainers and exercise physiologist during personal training and Script4Fitness sessions, observe Executive Physical stress tests and fitness evaluations, assist with phase III cardiac rehab program, observe and/or participate in group exercise classes, and participate in special events/programs/fitness challenges.
- Intern will be expected to participate in fitness related webinars (ACSM, NASM, MFA, IHRSA, etc.) and stay up-to-date with current exercise research.
- Intern will be responsible for creating one fitness related comprehensive project. Project can range from a patient/client case study, developing and implementing a fitness challenge, creating a new member on-boarding plan, or writing and presenting research related content.
- Internship will last approximately 16 weeks (1 semester). Interns will be expected to complete 10-15 hours a week.
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field (must have completed sophomore year)
- Internship must be required for Bachelor's Degree program.
- Proficiency in conducting research through research databases
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in fitness industry
- Must be able to work independently as well as in groups
- Certification through ACSM, NASM, or other fitness credentialing agency
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Intern Unpaid - Fitness - Part Time - Days
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Attention To Detail
- Exercise Physiology