To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH
- Firestone Country Club
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GOLF SHOP MERCHANDISER
Firestone Country Club • Akron, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GOLF SHOP MERCHANDISER
The Merchandiser assists the Head Golf Professional and Director of Golf in promoting the game of golf at the club by providing quality service, ordering necessary merchandise, and assisting with the golf shop operations.
- Offer highest level of service and professionalism to the Members and Guests of the Club, while promoting the game of golf
- Responsible for checking-in merchandise in accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display areas
- Take care of returning all defective merchandise.
- Follow up on all special orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their orders in accordance with established procedures
- Help keep golf shop neat and clean at all times, sell merchandise, and oversee golf operations and staff to ensure proper performance
- Assist with inventory controls - period end inventories.
- Follow all daily procedures and assist in any other golf related duties as deemed necessary by the business
- Coordinate special promotions and sales in conjunction with tournaments and special events
- Be available on sales floor for customer service and sales
- Train sales associates on proper storeroom organization
- Learn basic functions of POS
- Monitor floor inventory to minimize back-stock
- Working with Director of Retail to determine proper pricing of product based on current trends
- Insure availability of sizing of product on the floor
- Create high quality displays to showcase merchandise items
- Maintain pro shop in a neat, organized, professional appearance
- Provide excellent customer service
- Utilize discounts on items to achieve desired turn rates
- Process special orders
- 3-5 years experience in a merchandising capacity in similar market.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- Golf shop operations