To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Test Engineer
ECS Federal, LLC • Arlington, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Software Test Engineer to work in our Arlington, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Software Test Engineer to work within government FISMA and Agile processes to providing testing and documented functional capabilities, including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develop and implement test plan and test procedures based on business requirements
- Test and document features of COTS/GOTS products within a suite of applications
- Test and document features in semi-custom and custom .Net, SQL, various SDKs connections and other development platforms as needed
- Test and document .NET created functions against MS SharePoint, Exchange, Server, and other system level tools
- Work within SCRUM and Agile development process management and adherence
- Ability to set up and baseline test environments including; SQL database, install web application, install application, and other Microsoft products
- Familiar with testing 3-tier architecture
- Team Collaboration with customer, partners, peers, and vendors
- Work to improve corporate software development best practices
- US Citizenship
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Must hold current DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP
- Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate operating system certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Universal Windows Platform
- MCSA: Web Applications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): App Builder
- MCSD: Universal Windows Platform (retired)
- MCSD: Web Applications (retired)
- Microsoft Specialist: Programming in C# (retired)
- Three (3) years direct experience in designing and implementing quality control standards for tactical software testing of Navy or Joint Programs.
- Experience with system testing metrics, best practices, and methodologies
- Experience working with software development teams
- Experience participating in requirements and design reviews, developing test plans, writing and executing test cases in a fast-paced software development environment
- Experience conducting data analysis, data verification and problem-solving.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Must be articulate
- Must have strong writing and presentation skills
- Must have a good customer-oriented personality
- Experience with performance testing tools include Neotys Neoload, Quick Test Professional (QTP), and HP LoadRunner.
- Proficient with any of the following: Neotys Neoload, QTP, HP LoadRunner, and Performance Center to design and execute performance tests against applications with a multi-tier architecture.
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Unix/Linux, PERL, Java script) and relational database technologies (SQL, schema design)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.