Shifts Include: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The Customer Advocate/Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan applicant will be able to repay the debt, analyzing the AUS /Guidelines as they pertain to the loan product and sales structure, reviewing title commitments and fees, ordering subordinations and allocating fees properly in the system. Responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the client and the sales staff through closing. Based on these assessments, the Customer Advocate makes mortgage loan recommendations for all Government and Conforming Full Doc products. The Customer Advocate works on a blend of all products based on pipeline management ability.Essential Job Functions include:
- Excellent Customer Service. The Customer Advocate is the primary customer contact, and may act as liaison between the borrower, underwriter and loan advisor. Is required to provide periodic status updates, and timely return all incoming inquiry calls.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans and or titles: Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Recommends that title and loan not meeting standards be restructured or denied.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
- Informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
- Prepares loan for Initial Closing Disclosure issuance.
- Submit to Underwriting when Appraisal, Title and Credit are in.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Types and mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
- Submits approved mortgage loan file to the Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer.
- Responsible for 40 loan inventory, with 20 loan closings per month.
- Utilize Appointment Model.
- Provide Feedback to Loan Credit Advisor on loan quality.
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all products.
- Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well versed in the mortgage process flow and established SLA’s
- Highly skilled on the phone, very organized and able to handle the overall customer experience with outstanding service.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, BA preferred
- Prior experience (1-3 years) as a full doc. mortgage loan processor
- Prior experience working with FHA, VA, and Conventional loan products
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- MS Office proficient.
- Able to work overtime as business needs dictate.
Ability to read words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to comprehend and write simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as a top 5 residential lender in the USA. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than 225 billion dollars in loans. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine’s, Inc. 5000 rankings for the fastest growing private firms in the nation for six consecutive years (2013-2018).
Freedom Mortgage has over 4000 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (we have multiple sites in Southern New Jersey) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces (The Indianapolis Star named Freedom Mortgage at Top Workplace four years in a row). We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Jacksonville, FL; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ; and Columbia, MD
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Discounts And Allowances