To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2700 South Indiana Street
Vernon, CA 90058
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - Vernon, CA
Exide Technologies • Vernon, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Responsible for the management of facility environmental, health and safety programs required to ensure conformance with corporate policies and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.Responsibilities
- Evaluation, coordination and implementation of programs, policies, practices and activities to control air emissions, monitor industrial wastewater treatment and discharges, manage and minimize solid and hazardous waste, and to manage activities required under the Toxic Substances Control Act, the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act and all other applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Preparation of required documentation for maintenance of permits (air, wastewater, storm water and RCRA Facility) and timely reporting to multiple government regulatory agencies including the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), Los Angeles County Sanitation District, Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board and The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC).
- Overall supervision of programs and activities required under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Auditing of facility programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Supervision of facility inspections, maintenance of required records and timely submittal of required reports to regulatory agencies.
- Coordination of environmental improvement projects as required.
- Coordination with Corporate Environmental Resources Department on facility programs, activities and responses to regulatory agencies.
- Training and oversight of facility personnel performing environmental, health and safety duties.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Log.
- Drive safety improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance with waste disposal protocols and maintenance of hazardous waste manifesting files.
- Preparation of written reports required by regulatory agency permits and agreements.
- Ensure contractor compliance with Health,Safety and Environmental regulations for activities conducted at the Vernon Facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned by EHS leadership.
- Preparation and review of manifest and shipping papers
- Able to perform continuous walking, standing, and lifting.
- PC with various software, office equipment
- PPE equipment as required, respirator, Tyvec, etc
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental/Safety, or related field, with 5-8 years’ experience in EHS related fields.
- Professional certification preferred (CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.).
- Familiar with RCRA Facility Permit requirements and compliance.
- Experience with compliance California/Federal hazardous waste regulations.
- Experience working with the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) preferred.
- Knowledgeable in packGing, marking, labeling, and preparing hazardous materials and hazardous waste for transportation compliant with DOT regulations
- Experience working in heavy manufacturing.
- Knowledge of OSHA, and more preferably CalOSHA rules and requirements.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Successful communication experience with regulatory agencies.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EHS laws and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments in the development and implementation of EHS programs.
- Leadership ability.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.