Since 2006, Carolina House has been providing high-quality care to males and females battling eating disorders and co-occurring mental health conditions. We provide programming at two locations, with our residential treatment set in an idyllic, rural farmhouse in Durham, North Carolina, and a community-based day treatment and intensive outpatient center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Many people who struggle with eating disorders also struggle with other mental health disorders, and our programs are designed to treat co-occurring depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, substance use disorders, and posttraumatic stress disorder, among others.
We are seeking part-time Housekeepeers.
- Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Maintains utility storage rooms.
- Detects unclean areas and takes necessary action to ensure facility meets sanitation standards.
- Handles all equipment in a safe manner to prevent accidents.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of cleaning supplies and safe use.
- Receives and follows cleaning schedule/instructions.
- Cleans windows/mirrors in patient rooms, living/recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit areas.
- Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Vacuum and sanitize carpets.
- Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, etc.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans hallways and stairways.
- Disposes of waste/trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacles.
- Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to supervisor immediately.
- Reports and or replaces burned out light bulbs, to include, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, etc., to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Ensures that work/cleaning schedules are followed as outlined for respective shift/area.
- Ensures that work/assigned areas are clean and free of equipment, supplies, etc., before leaving such areas for breaks, end of work day, etc.
- Keeps work area/assignment free from hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, etc.
- Ensures that all cleaning supplies, equipment, etc., are properly stored at the end of shift/work day.
- Ensures biohazardous waste is handled correctly and is stored in the proper containers.
Clean Trash Container
Use Vacuum Cleaner