Tool Crib Support Specialist - First Shift Division:
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location:
Ave Maria, FL
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. . Arthrex Manufacturing is recruiting for a Tool Crib Support Specialist for first shift. This position will provide support to production teams through various Tool Crib projects that are directed to add value to the manufacturing activities at Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. The position is located at our manufacturing site located in Ave Maria, FL. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Build, repair, and develop production fixturing and/or custom tooling to support on-going production.
- Participate in and provide assistance with the development of standardized work practices.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the safeguard of all company equipment and working tools.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Experienced in the setup and operation of CNC and conventional milling and lathes machines.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment with regard to assigned tasks.
- Ability to inspect work pieces using various types of precision measuring instruments and equipment.
- Collaborate with various functional groups to solve manufacturing problems.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of Tool crib contents.
- Prepare and issue tooling for upcoming jobs according to schedule (kitting of work orders).
- Prepares periodic inventory and maintains perpetual inventory of all tools and equipment, manually and or using computer.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually or using micrometer, and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Deliver tools or equipment to workers, manually or using hand truck.
- Repairs and services tools and equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required by the manufacturing supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years directly related training and/or experience of machine operating.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with precision measuring equipment and instruments.
- Basic MS Office knowledge
- Maintains Tool dispensing system, or Matrix tool box.
- Ability to develop fixturing and tooling to support manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices.
Intermediate to advanced machining skills. Familiarity with CNC and conventional machine shop equipment. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements. Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 50-70 lbs on a regular basis. Vision Requirements:
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Data Collection
- Fact Checking