What you will love about Johnson Controls
We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
What you will do
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
As a Senior Manager, you are responsible for delivering SAP projects, carry out design, build and test SAP template for the Finance & Controlling (Record to Report) processes. She/he will establish a team of IT process analysts (Internal / External) with a high level of expertise for all the SAP finance solutions.
The ideal candidate will provide finance and controlling SAP subject matter expertise and be accountable for the business requirements gathering, best application configuration of a global template, and be responsible for ensuring that the solution design meets those business requirements. How you will do it
- In partnership with Business Process Owners and Business Leadership across JCI, design and maintain JCI Enterprise SAP Finance Template according to business requirements and ensure its continued governance and evolution
- Lead multiple implementation programs/ projects to build and deploy the SAP finance solution including all aspects of the SDLC (e.g. Blue Print, Design, Build, Test, documentation).
- Manage RTR domain specific demand to support an enterprise wide application architecture/portfolio management process which will focus on evolving business applications to global, scalable, cost effective, agile and best practice based solution deployments.
- For current & future initiatives in RTR domain, provide domain specific end-to-end solution architecture, governance and application strategy leadership including application roadmaps for SAP and related application ecosystem.
- Define finance master data model and integration to support reporting requirements for all finance processes
- Lead a team of SME’s/architects in the design, build and deployment of business capabilities/projects by leveraging an in-depth understanding of best practices - Business Processes, Master Data & Solution Capabilities (SAP and other tools/technologies)
- Work with the other IT application leaders to support evaluation of disposition of various applications, functionality assessments and design of SAP / GBS / HFM and Corporate application integrations in scope of JCI Enterprise finance
- Lead RTR process area collaboration and engagement with other IT teams (application or infrastructure) to deliver application projects with a high level of quality and functionality that meets the business user’s requirements.
- Manage post deployment transition and support procedures to ensure smooth transition of business capabilities to the support organization.
- For RTR domain, manage and deploy SME expertise to design, build and deploy business capabilities/projects
- Lead career development and succession management efforts to ensure retention, motivation and engagement of current and future staff and managers.
- Support Resource Management at Core Level (Staffing Plans, Resource Roll-In / Off, Resource Assignment, Working Calendars, Team Logistics, etc.)
- Work with the IT PMO function in order to manage program within Business Case financial budgets and also to consistently deliver ERP application projects with a high level of quality and functionality that meets the business user’s requirements,
- Support the communication to the different stakeholders, by providing information regarding the Program Plan and Status; Manage the interaction with program PMO
- Work with overall leadership team to deliver external stakeholder engagement, facilitation and collaboration to drive transformation initiatives
- Partner with the Enterprise COE Architecture and Operations leaders to define hand over criteria and supportability of the deployed solutions
What we look for
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility, with the presence and communication skills to represent IT related concepts effectively with all levels of the business.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline. Master’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of SAP implementation experience across multiple SAP implementation lifecycles, Must have full life cycle experience in large Global ERP implementations
- Strong functional expertise in the areas of Financial accounting, General Ledger functions, Intercompany accounting and account reconciliations, Fixed Assets and projects, Cost and inventory accounting, Monthly close processes, financial consolidations and financial analytics
- For SAP programs/projects, elaborate experience in managing
- Stakeholder expectations
- Cost-benefit analysi s for IT solutions (e.g. capability, TCO & risk evaluation)
- Solution deployment cost and effort estimates
- Design deliverables such as leading workshop, completing process design & Fit-Gap analysis, functional and technical specs
- Build & Deploy deliverables – Configuration, FUT/SIT/UAT & Cutover
- Hyper care & Support Transition
- Hands on SAP implementation experience across multiple SAP implementation lifecycles in the following areas. Experience working in SAP S/4 HANA Finance would be a significant competitive advantage
- Financial Accounting - New General Ledger
- Accounts Payable and integration with AP invoice management and approval tools
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit, Collections and Cash Management
- New Asset Accounting
- Controlling – Cost center accounting
- Product costing and inventory valuation (Standard costing & Actual costing)
- Product Cost controlling for different manufacturing process profiles (Engineer to Order, Make to Order, Configure to Order)
- Profitability Analysis
- Material ledger and Parallel Valuation Approaches
- Deep integration experience with Supply Chain, Procurement and manufacturing business processes
- Country taxation – Sales /Use tax, GST, VAT and local GAAP and Statutory accounting process (US, LATAM, APAC and EMEA)
- US GAAP & IFRS accounting practices
- Extensive experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement , involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Strong negotiation and team-building skills with the ability to create consensus around decisions and mitigate conflicts among different teams. Proven leadership and people management expertise in managing a global team of diverse, talented SAP professionals
- Excellent communication skills required at all levels. Must be able to interact and impact senior leadership. Excellent command of verbal and written communication (English). Effective presentation style for all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple concurrent deliverables of team/SME, developed internal/external relationship, established cross-team partnership. Experience leading large complex cross-functional programs.
- Advanced program management skills in complex IS environments, including ability to coordinate multiple teams in various locations and time zones. Deep project management experience managing large-scale, global implementations. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Proven management experience, including managing budget, staffing levels & quality metrics.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles