Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information. She/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. She/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and the ability to organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, organized, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast pace environment and possess excellent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by Senior Management Team.
• Manage external contacts for Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO); proactively understand which are priority contacts and keep track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
• Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
• Ability to anticipate the CHRO's needs and proactively bring key resources together to support the execution of key projects.
• Manage CHRO calendar, ensure she knows her schedule 24 hours in advance, assist with keeping appointments on time, notify the CHRO of changes and keep upcoming deliverables top of mind.
• Develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
• Manage travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including booking appropriate travel and monitoring it, venue planning, meeting agendas, marketing materials and other necessary preparations.
• Ensure compliance protocols are followed for organizational policies, travel, entertainment and expense reporting.
• Provide additional support to CHRO direct reports (travel, entertainment, expense reporting, calendar management, etc.)
• Preparation of creative PowerPoint slides to be used in meetings that occur with the Board of Directors and various committees.
• Complete various administrative tasks in an effective and efficient manner, including needed research for upcoming meetings, working with data in Excel, preparing PowerPoint decks, copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested and maintaining executive files as needed.
• Anticipate the needs of the CHRO and act accordingly.
• Process and maintain expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 8-10 years or equivalent work-related experience supporting C-level Executives.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Highly proficient in the following software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Extensive experience in administrative preparation of board presentations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
• Professional demeanor and ability to defuse emotional situations in a calm manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
• Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Mature, energetic with a ‘let’s roll up our sleeves’ attitude.
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal team, cross-functional team, and external parties in a rapidly growing environment.
• Ability to provide after hour and flexible support a must.
• HR Exposure is a plus.
Attention To Detail