To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Englewood, CO 80111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Accounting Manager
WOW! Internet Phone Cable • Englewood, CO
Posted 28 days ago
Manager, General Accounting
Reports to: Director, Accounting
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Manager, General Account is responsible for managing the accounting department, maintaining general ledgers for multiple companies, and assisting in the development of policies and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Oversees month-end accounting close process for all entities
- Reviews and approves monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and roll-forwards of account balances
- Responsible for the timely completion of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Responsible for journal entries related to debt/DFC including refinancing and pay-down activities
- Oversees and approves all journal entries for accuracy
- Prepares financial reports and formulates financial analysis
- Manages quarterly review and annual audit process with BDO. Includes managing communication flow, managing deadlines and deliverables, and escalation where necessary.
- Provides supervision, training, and support of department members
- Establishes and maintains a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls, and ensures they are effectively implemented and monitored
- Champions process automation/improvement and offers solutions to existing challenges
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the department and throughout the company, and services the needs of both internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Super-user of NetSuite system; provides assistance and training to others in the department
- Assist with annual review and testing of SOX 404 compliance program
- Performs other ad hoc projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA preferred
- 7-10 years of experience , preferably a mix of public accounting and industry
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience managing minimum of 5 professionals
- Minimum cable and/or telecommunications industry experience preferred
- Technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP with an emphasis on the telecommunications industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus