To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Procurement Manager (Denver -- Federal Subcontracts)
Gilbane Inc • Irvine, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like a member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position is responsible for managing the procurement operations of Gilbane Federal for assigned projects within a business unit, to effectively and proactively plan, coordinate, and control execution of the procurement activities on the project. The Procurement Manager is responsible to the Project Manager and the business unit for delivering results in regard to on-time performance, cost savings, and quality; achieving project objectives and value-added expectations; and compliance with established federal policies and procedures. The Procurement Manager has thorough knowledge and understanding of federal procurement concepts, principles and practices, as applied in the design/build and construction industry; project delivery processes; and relationship expectations with suppliers, subcontractors, clients, and the project team. The Procurement Manager understands how the procurement functions integrate with and impacts other functions in the project delivery process.
Position can be based in Gilbane's Englewood, CO; Irvine, CA; or Concord, CA office.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Procurement Manager typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage procurement resources and direct procurement activities required to support the planning and execution of assigned projects.
- Provide direction and expertise to all assigned procurement related activities for projects within a business unit or geographic region in support of the planning and execution of procurements for operational requirements and projects.
- Represent procurement at business unit or project strategy coordination meetings.
- Ensure procurement is engaged in business development and proposal support activities. Act as the focal point for all matters relating to the acquisition of goods and services for a project during the proposal process.
- Provide the necessary written, graphic and pricing/cost information in support of the proposal process. Provide budget estimates for procurement labor hours as well as for anticipated materials, equipment and services in support of the proposal process.
- Provide preliminary risk assessment related to the procurement activities assumed by the proposed prime contract.
- Provide a preliminary strategy for procurement execution including any mitigation of risk assumed by the proposed prime contract.
- Participate in business unit reviews of business opportunities as the procurement representative.
- Advocate and uphold Gilbane Federal and business unit policies and procedures on the projects.
- Plan for and budget all the procurement resources and systems necessary to support projects.
- Understand and be aware of changing market conditions with regard to trends in the pricing of materials, equipment and services.
- Participate in development of project execution plans.
- Maintain performance metrics to measure the performance of the project procurement team with regard to cost savings, on-time performance, and quality of goods and services.
- Ensure compliance with all federal procurement policies and procedures by the procurement team.
- Assist in the resolution of purchase order and subcontract claims and disputes.
- Effectively communicate with business unit management, functional groups, and with the client on procurement issues.
- Review major purchase orders and subcontracts prior to execution and participate in all major negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Recommend sources of supply, when requested, including small, small disadvantaged, minority and women owned businesses, where applicable.
- Establish and maintain effective training programs to develop existing procurement staff.
- Accountable to the assigned Procurement Manager, Sr. Procurement Manager, Director of Procurement or Director of Contracts & Procurement.
- Provide procurement services that support the vision and goals of Gilbane Federal, including:
- Recognition within the industry that Gilbane Federal is able to perform within the top quartile of the industry.
- On-time performance with 100% target reliability.
- Quality performance with 100% compliance.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, management, clients, business units, functional groups, and project team members.
- Support timely and accurate dispute resolution.
- Oversee effectiveness of the procurement team to ensure timely delivery and on-time completion of all goods and services.
- Provide any required information to senior management on procurement issues for projects and changes in the market place.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Compliance with established business ethics and conduct principles related to procurement.
- Reports to the assigned Procurement Manager, Sr. Procurement Manager, or Director of Contracts & Procurement for performance of work, and provides Procurement the resources, systems and procedures to support project requirements, with responsibility to the business units and division management for policy and procedural compliance.
- Works under minimal supervision. Supervises and supports all assigned staff, contributing to the individual performance evaluations of subordinate staff.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal peers, the project teams, and with external entities such as suppliers and subcontractors, professional associations, existing and potential new clients.
- Provides support with the aid of subordinates to project management, construction management, business development, legal, finance and insurance during proposal preparation and project execution.
- Commits, spends and controls client and Gilbane Federal funds within limits established in company policies or procedures.
- Oversees and where necessary, approves the commitments made by Procurement staff within their delegated authority limits.
- Assures assigned Procurement staff complies with procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for mobilization and demobilization of staff supporting projects and for the discipline of the assigned staff.
- Responsible for recruitment, termination and discipline of assigned Procurement staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or other applicable major.
- Minimum of 12 years of Procurement experience, with 10 years in the design/build and construction industry.
- Experience managing procurement operations on projects, including drafting and formulating contracts, bidding, negotiating and administering major purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Minimum 10 years of directly applicable experience with FAR, DFAR and other agency supplements as applicable, or other state or local contracting, bidding, and source selection practices depending on intended role is preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understands major technical, organizational and managerial structure related to operations management and projects.
- Understands and applies operating procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of federal purchasing, construction and professional services subcontracting, and contract law, as they relate to Gilbane Federal project delivery.
- Understands type and nature of the operational and project work undertaken in the business unit.
- Performs operations and projects within the guidelines established by Procurement and the business unit.
- Understands the project delivery processes (i.e., program management, detailed engineering deliverable documents, construction management needs, construction management of multiple subcontractors or general contractors in design-build or design-bid-build) and their relationship to Procurement procedures.
- Understand the federal government contractual compliance requirements.
- Understands overall Federal Division expectations, available resources and capabilities.
- Understands the markets, business units, or regional operations in the areas of assigned responsibility.
- Ability to execute work within Federal organization, operating under Federal Policies and Procedures with unique compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Has strong verbal communications and writing skills.
- Effectively authors and compiles procurement documents, as well as internal and external communications, proposals and reports.
- Effectively communicates with clients, operations, project, and construction management.
- Effectively communicates with assigned staff in order to organize and motivate them to achieve desired results.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient in applicable procurement systems and tools (i.e. CMiC) to perform their procurement activities.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.