To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Maintenance Reliability Engineer
AK Steel • Middletown, OH
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Reliability Engineer at our Middletown facility. The Mechanical Maintenance Reliability Engineer will provide technical engineering expertise for the determination of the basic causes of equipment failures; the development and implementation of corrective actions; and, for the establishment of appropriate maintenance procedures in order to improve equipment stability.
- Monitors and tracks line equipment availability and operating efficiency issues and creates “pareto” type analysis to identify key equipment problems / failures / areas.
- Utilizes appropriate failure analysis techniques to determine root causes of equipment failures and initiates necessary corrective action to eliminate/reduce such failures.
- Assists in the planning of equipment outages, down turn repairs, and the establishment of maintenance shops; sets priorities to ensure timely, efficient repair/replacement of equipment. Assists in the establishments and assignment of preventive maintenance procedures for the proper care of equipment.
- Works closely with Operations and Technical personnel to ensure that drawings are updated in keeping with equipment modifications; to provide counsel for equipment redesign; and, to secure information necessary for the performance of the position.
- Works with equipment suppliers and outside engineering to specify design requirements for new / modified equipment to improve operating performance and / or equipment reliability.
- Coordinates the establishment of requirements, standards, and procedures for the equipment inspection; works closely with departmental inspectors and with the non-destructive testing / predictive technologies group for the proper, timely inspection testing of equipment as part of the overall effort to prevent for departmental spares ensuring inventory control; the maintenance and repair of such spares and the establishment of procedures to control spares and the establishment of procedures to control spares costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Technical field or combination of education / experience.
- Demonstrated equipment reliability knowledge.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Experience using an electronic Maintenance Repair Software System, and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform maintenance and reliability studies and / or FMEA for existing and proposed replacement equipment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate efforts and work well with others.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.