Utility (Swing) - Wakarusa, IN
Clayton Homes, a BerkshireHathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a verticallyintegrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled inthe housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team MemberExperience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're activelyrecruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. Wethen equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or onthe floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits,opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / lifebalance.
The Home Building Group is actively searching for a Utility Team Member tojoin the team at our Wakarusa, IN facility.
Reports to: Assistant Production Manager
Utility is expected to set a good example and uphold quality, safety, work pace, attitude and attendance. Also with a good understanding of the following:
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Reports to Assistant Production Manager each morning to be dispensed to assigned area.
2. Checks in with Assistant Production Manager before leaving for the day.
3. Works hours needed to complete assigned tasks for the day.
4. Facilitate inventory responsibilities as required
5. Report all production and quality opportunities to the TEAM LEADER.
6. Provide support for the Team Leader and will be the Team Leader BACKUP
7. Lead by example in attendance, safety professionalism when coaching and working with a TEAM Member.
8. Must be safety conscious and will be required to report safety concerns to the TEAM LEADER and appropriate AC.
9. Promote strict adherence to and active participation in all B.O.S.S. inspections and initiatives.
10. Collaborate with TEAM LEADERS, other TEAM MEMBERS and establish environment of trust with and between the teams
11. Uphold established quality and performance expectations
12. Establish necessary urgency and set adequate production pace to meet required production schedules
13. Demonstrate effective motivation skills and techniques to encourage team to meet performance objectives
14. Ensures daily adherence to cleaning initiatives and keeps area organized and efficient
15. Demonstrate continuous willingness to learn, grow, and gain understanding as a leader in our organization.
16. Pay special attention to new hires and put the extra time and effort in to ensure their proper development and training
17. Demonstrate honesty in all situations to cultivate an environment of trust
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
1. Sales orders, engineering prints, product specifications, and applicable building codes in multiple departments.
2. B.O.S.S. production management system and HUD DAPIA requirements
3. Company SAFETY protocols and standards
4. Company policies and rules
Education and Qualifications:
1. Demonstrated ability to work in various departments
2. Significant work experience in 2 or more different departments preferred
3. Minimum of 1 year of service at Clayton or translatable Utility experience from prior employment
4. Coachable demeanor
5. Clear record of corrective action and current Tier 1 status
66700 STATE ROAD 19
WAKARUSA, Indiana, 46573
Corrective And Preventive Actions