To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1049 Camino Dos Rios
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Internal Audit Manager (Operations)
Teledyne Technologies • Thousand Oaks, CA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides sophisticated electronic subsystems and instrumentation, including aerospace and defense electronics, digital imaging products and software, monitoring instrumentation for marine and environmental applications, harsh environment interconnect products, and subsystems for satellite communications, as well as engineered systems for defense, space, environmental and nuclear applications.
We serve niche market segments where performance, precision and reliability are critical. Our customers include industrial manufacturers and energy, infrastructure and natural resources companies, as well as government agencies, airlines and aerospace contractors.Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Internal Audit Manager role will ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of planning, fieldwork and reporting activities. Reports to the Chief Audit Executive or Audit Director. Will be assigned as Lead Auditor on audit engagements. At times, may not be assigned the Lead Auditor position in order to assist in the development of Senior Auditors. Supports daily activities of other auditors assigned to assist the Audit Lead during an engagement. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies potential issues. Communicates identified issues with the Audit Lead and Internal Audit management to ensure potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner. Audit Lead assignments tend to be of moderate to high complexity. Compared to an Internal Audit Manager 1, this position may entail more complex assignments requiring increased technical skills and greater supervisory responsibilities. It may also involve increased involvement in department projects and related decisions making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts assigned audit engagement tasks/areas successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- May supervise other auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops engagement specific audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Communicates status of assigned tasks to engagement lead in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
- Organizes personal effort to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression; proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities
- Writes observations/findings and effectively and efficiently communicates details of observations/findings to Audit Lead and Internal Audit management
- Prioritizes assignments appropriately to meet deadlines and promptly communicates ahead of time any potential problems that would prevent the team from meeting its objectives
- Leads or participate in department projects as assigned to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of department duties and responsibilities
- Conducts interviews and participates in hiring and training processes
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Chief Audit Executive or Audit Director
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (50% of time at a minimum)
EDUCATIONAL, EXPERIENCE AND STATUS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- A minimum of at least 8 years audit experience is required and, preferably, one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Public accounting firm experience depending on the department’s needs
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year