[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diet Clerk/Server (36 hrs/wk)Wage Range $17.37 - $26.00 per hour|
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $2,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealth (pro-rated by FTE)
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
One free meal per shift in our Cafeteria!
On the job training available.
Responsible for performing office tasks that ensure accurate and efficient diet order taking of prescribed food to the patient.
- Receives and processes patient information and implements Dieticians instructions to ensure nutritional care of all patients; receives and processes diet orders/food requests; maintains accurate patient records and diet ordering information.
- Takes meal orders from patients in person and over the telephone, using standardized terminology; answers menu/recipe questions and offers alternatives for the patient within diet order.
- Operates electronic Point of Service (POS) system and hospital software applications that ensure prompt and accurate meal ordering. Follows up with kitchen and clinical staff as necessary to ensure prompt and accurate delivery.
- Retrieves meals from the kitchen; delivers trays to the patient, retrieves the tray after the patient is finish eating, and rounds with the patient to ensure their experience was satisfactory.
- Coordinates with nursing for medication before eating or delivering a tray.
- Expedites missing trays as soon as possible to ensure prompt service recovery when the items are missed.
- Monitors intakes and documents intakes; reports intake levels to dietician and nursing.
- Takes orders for visitors in the room, charges correctly, delivers and retrieves trays.
- Retrieves all equipment, small wares and trays from assigned floors and brings it back to the dish room to be washed and sanitized correctly. Cleans mobile cart at the end of every meal.
- Types and prints out tube feeding between meal nourishments labels for proper patient identification.
- Monitors and enters items sent after stocking nourishment centers & supplement tallies on assigned floors into the computer for accurate accounting of items sent.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Washington state Food and Beverage Workers Permit
- ServSafe or Certified Professional Food Manager (NEHA-National Environmental Health Association) certification or ability to obtain within 180 days of hire date
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Recent customer service work experience required, in a food/dietary service setting preferred
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and practices.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, and numbering sequencing.
DESIRED for the position:
- Food Services certification
- Hospital dietetics and diet therapy experience
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefits
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Diet Clerk/Server (36 hrs/wk)
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.
short order cook, prep cook, restaurant, food service, room service, fine dining, pantry, deli, sandwich counter
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Math Functions