Do you want to make a significant impact? True Value has an opportunity for join the Demand Planning Team.
Revolutionize Wholesale and contribute to the success of the company. We are a dynamic team committed to driving True Value’s aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers.
- Embraces personal and professional development
- Values diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation
- Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
The Demand Planning organization of True Value Company is responsible for the development of a demand forecast. The primary role of the Demand Planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales forecasts, shipment histories, and marketing plans. Development of the demand forecast also requires robust analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop statistical forecasts leveraging JDA Demand. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true customer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company resources.
The Demand Planner is entrusted to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external supply chain planning partners. This position is charged with making decisions that impact the demand plan and communicating those decisions to stakeholders. The Demand Planner role expands to include contributing to special projects and other supply chain and business strategy initiatives. This person is a well-rounded individual who encompasses analytical, communication and leadership skills. They can quickly identify deviations from expected results and other disruptions and are able to promptly resolve any issues.
Demand Forecast Development
The Demand Planner will be responsible for creating a demand forecast that will be used within the consensus planning process and is empowered to make changes to the forecast when deemed necessary. The changes will be based on robust analytics, supported by a bottom-up statistical demand forecast. Changes may need to be approved by a supervisor or manager if they fall outside of pre-defined parameters defined by the business process.
In order to meet expectations, the Demand Planner must have strong analytical skills, take inputs from multiple systems/inputs and be able to adjust the Demand Forecasting system to accurately reflect the demand forecast. The Demand Forecast will be derived through predictive analytics in combination with selecting the correct forecasting algorithm, so the Demand Planner must have high technical capabilities within Demand Forecasting Systems. The Demand Planner must also be able to interpret statistical models and have the ability to tune the model as needed to improve forecasting accuracy.
Consensus Demand Plan Development
The Demand Planner will be responsible for contributing to the development of a consensus demand plan that will be handed off to supply planning. They are empowered to make decisions on behalf of the demand planning organization, and share responsibility with other relevant parties to edit and approve the consensus plan.
The Demand Planner must possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, including great presentation skills. These skills will allow them the ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for specific projects and have influence within high-performing, highly collaborative teams.
Report Forecast Content
The Demand Planner will be responsible for reporting demand forecast key performance metrics and assumptions to internal stakeholders.
Under normal operating conditions, this role will work to the usual organizational policies and normal practices of the Inventory Planning organization. However, the Demand Planner is notified outside of normal working hours to conduct a task that has critical business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Manages and ensures service level goals to our members/retailers are met and/or exceeded as determined by company standards
- Responsible for forecasting and replenishing assigned product categories with financial accountability
- Responsible for managing and maintaining appropriate inventory levels based on financial objectives at all 13 Regional Distribution Centers
- Partners closely with associated vendors to help problem-solve performance issues as well as identify areas for improved collaboration
- Collaborates with and provides direction to Product Merchants (Buyers), in managing promotional forecasts and replenishment strategies
- Collaborates with Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain to ensure on-time delivery
- Identifies seasonal and promotional trends that might impact demand planning and replenishment needs
- Recommends product assortment enhancements based upon demand levels and sales performance
- Collaborates and communicates with Logistics Team and True Value Distribution Centers to track purchase orders; expedites orders that are in jeopardy of meeting service goals; resolves any issues related to transportation
- Communicates with True Value Stores – answers questions and helps resolves Merchandise Supply Chain issues
- Attends Markets, Industry Shows and Financial Review Meetings, as appropriate
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices and regularly applies to current processes
- One to three years of related experience required
- Highly skilled in Excel and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, decision making and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and initiative
- Proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple requests, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Supply Chain Management
Complex Problem Solving