The Associate Graphics Designer is responsible for creating, managing and archiving print ready artwork for multiple company brands. The Associate Graphics Designer will work closely with regulatory, marketing, business managers, design agencies and print vendors. The Associate Graphics Designer will also be responsible for maintaining brand integrity while ensuring printer specs and USDA governmental compliance is being met. Core Responsibilities
- Works closely with Regulatory, Package Suppliers, Marketing and outside Design Agencies to create accurate production ready art files to submit to printers.
- Uses approved templates from multiple brands and creates line extensions for a variety of products.
- Proofreads all artwork to maintain Brand integrity while ensuring governmental compliance.
- Makes necessary edits to existing artwork while maintaining accuracy and consistency on all projects to efficiently meet deadlines.
- Identifies and corrects deviations from established brand specifications.
- Understands and implements complex printer specifications.
- Reviews and approves all POs related to plate changes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Graphic Design or related field and 2+ years’ experience in package design, print production; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of flexography printing on multiple types of substrate, preferred.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Apple OS and MS Office.
- Excellent layout and graphic design skills.
- Strong attention to detail in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships when part of a dynamic and cross-functional team.
- Well organized and able to handle multiple projects & priorities.
- Willingness to learn new things and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Packaging And Labeling
Adobe Creative Suite