Quality Control Manager - Process Integration GroupLocation:
Davidson, NCSalary Interval:
Salaried, ExemptPosition DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
Quality Control Manager oversees the quality and safety of our process piping group. The Quality Control Manger will be responsible for inspecting and assessing the quality and strength of welds, ensure that the correct procedure and equipment is being used and safe work procedures are being implemented by our craft workforce. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Develop and manage quality control program and necessary documentation.
- Present the QA/ QC program as necessary to owners, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and general contractors.
- Monitoring welding process, material, and surroundings to detect or assess problems.
- Communication with Managers, Superintendents, and craft workers. In person, via text, email, and phone.
- Evaluating information to determine compliance to standards.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work, responsible to develop specific goals and work plans to accomplish the job.
- Perform day to day administrative tasks, files, and process paperwork.
- Training and teaching others, identify the educational needs of others, develop, and define relevant courses or programs to support craft worker development.
- Inspect / measure, materials, products, installations, for conformance to specifications.
- Recommend necessary corrective actions, based on inspection results.
- Read contract documents, manuals, spec sheets or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures as required.
- Ensures craft team members meet project requirements.
- Check materials to ensure that they comply with project requirements.
- Write test or inspection reports, describing results, recommendations, and procedural correction.
PM20Position RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma/GED- required
- 5 years related experience in process piping
- Quality control analysis, conduct visual and destructive testing as required to evaluate conformance to specification and or work process.
- Reading comprehension, understanding words, sentences, paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking, conversing with others to convey information.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Outdoors - frequently
- Indoors - sometimes
- Loud noise - frequently
- Temperatures - seasonal
- Valid driver's license - required
- OSHA - 10 and 30-Hour Certifications - required - provided by Wayne Brothers
- Certified Welding Inspector designation - required
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Walking, sitting
- Lifting and carrying up to 90 pounds.
- Frequent lifting, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Driving a vehicle
- Manual dexterity.
- Focus, concentration, attention to detail.
Wayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our EEO/AAE policy.
- Attention To Detail
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Destructive Testing
- Fine Motor Skills
- Quality Management
- Reading Comprehension