SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We have an immediate opening for a Hedge Fund Accounting Manager in our New York, NY
4 Times Square location. #LI-VB1
• Working with auditors to prepare and present year-end financial accounts
• Supporting all aspects of ad-hoc reporting
• Performing month-end close processes
• Accurate calculation of fund NAVs
• Production of investor allocations and calculation of management/ incentive fees.
• Posting accounting entries to ledger
• Working with various products including bonds, swaps, CDOs, ABS, equities, options, FX, repos, and futures
• Working on a global team which is responsible for reconciling cash/securities to outside sources, pricing the fund portfolios, and calculating daily profit and loss.
• Assisting with researching internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
• Experience/knowledge with hedge funds or fund of fund
• 6- 10 years’ experience/knowledge as a hedge fund accountant or auditor of hedge fund
• Exceptional organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Fund Accounting with exposure to operations (ie products and trade process knowledge)
• Financial statement prep/review experience
• Ideal candidate has experience at 1) audit firm, 2) fund or bank and 3) an administrator
• Strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Table, Sumif, V-lookup)
• Effective communicator - controller level
• Geneva and/or Advent software knowledge a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.