To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Panorama City, California, US
- Mission Community Hospital
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Nurse Educator
Mission Community Hospital • Panorama City, California, US
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Clinical Educator is responsible for assisting with development and maintenance of the clinical skills of the nursing staff. The Clinical Educator shall use sound nursing theory, and evidence-based practices to guide education activities; collaborate with the Education Manager, Nursing Directors, and Nurse Managers to identify the clinical practice education needs of direct patient care staff; and be responsible for assisting with development and implementation of strategic education plans. This position reports to the Education Manager or her/his designee.
This position requires educating staff and validating their clinical knowledge and skill sets to provide care to inpatients and outpatients of all age groups (e.g., adult, geriatric, and elderly patients).
* Participates in marketing activities of the Hospital including but not limited to committees/task forces, speaking engagements, conducting tours, Hospital sponsored health fairs.
* Participates in staff recognition activities in ways that reward behaviors reflecting positively on Mission Community Hospital.
* Serves as an active participant in departmental, interdepartmental, multi-department or house-wide process improvement forums/task forces/committees.
* Participates in departmental activities / projects and contributes recommendations and/or assists in implementing new or revised processes/procedures that improve work efficiency and/or enhanced service.
* Participates in activities that contribute to professional growth and development in ways that enhance value to the organization.
* Assists staff and other patient care team members in completing care efficiently, effectively, and safely.
* Provides coaching and supervision when clinical practice knowledge deficits are identified.
* Is continuously aware of changing priorities and resource availability and proactively removes roadblocks and prevents problems.
* Assures appropriate completion/documentation of unit logs, quality control measure, and participates with performance improvement activities/projects.
* Role models and assures compliance by patient care team members with hospital clinical practice policies and procedures, standards of patient care, hospital accreditation, and regulatory standards.
* Precepts/mentors new hires, new grads, float staff, novice and experienced staff, and registry personnel to promote clinical practice excellence and quality patient care.
* Assesses the competency of new nursing employees upon hire and plans and coordinates their clinical practice orientation in collaboration with Nursing Directors/Managers. Determines when staff orientation is complete.
* Develops and coordinates new hire and annual competency assessment program for nursing.
* Conducts educational clinical practice needs assessments, develops education calendar and recruits/encourages staff attendance.
* Makes clinical practice rounds and interacts with staff on patient care units; on all shift
* Current California RN license (active status)
* Minimum degree required: Associate Nursing degree
* Minimum one year acute nursing experience
Mission Community Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Ordinance.