SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching and counseling. The nurse will provide interventions supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; and execute medical regimens prescribed by a physician, PNP or another licensed health care provider. This role is comprised of 25-35% field work, travel is required.
This Registered Nurse role is for our Wellness Works Clinics that service individuals facing substance abuse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Based on a comprehensive review of the client's overall condition, prepares, continually reviews and evaluates plans of nursing intervention to ensure that such interventions are consistent with the client's comprehensive treatment plan. Ensures that plans of nursing intervention include consideration of the client's cultural and ethnic background, customs, needs, beliefs, and primary language.
- Develops nursing assessment to reflect holistic needs of each client with consideration of his/her psychological, physiological, social, ethnic, cultural, educational and spiritual strengths and needs.
- Oversees the direct implementation of nursing care to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with the plan of nursing intervention and overall treatment/service plan and to ascertain if the needs of the client require modification of the plan.
- Participates at team meetings and provides nursing input on the development and implementation of treatment/service plans.
- Coordinates nursing care activities with other professional disciplines to ensure that the nursing plan is consistent with and integrated with the total treatment/service plan.
- Provides information to other clinical staff on nursing standards of practice and procedures.
- Provides advice and consultation on nursing related matters to supportive housing staff and administrators.
- Provides health education/teaching for clients and their families.
- Conducts counseling sessions, with direction as needed by other qualified professionals, according to principles of communication, human behavior and psychiatric nursing.
- Participates in risk management and quality assurance concerning health related issues.
- Participates in team and administrative meetings.
- Manages medical supplies and equipment.
- Provides emergency care and crisis intervention as needed
- Accesses medications and observe and records effects and side effects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of human services
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) speaking preferred
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement.
S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Talent Acquisition at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Crisis Intervention