Advantage Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant for a manufacturing company in the Church Point area.
JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accounts payable, entering journal entries and compiling financial statements and reports for management use following all accounting principles and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute all functions related to Accounts Payable including, but not limited to: three-way match of invoices, POs and receiving documents, entering of invoices into the system, processing check runs, filing invoices and communicating with vendors as needed.
• Complete monthly journal entries necessary for the monthly financial statements and review data to ensure the financials are complete, accurate and timely. Ensure all major deviations between months and budget vs. actual are explained.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare account reconciliations and document business transactions for accounts including, but not limited to: Cash, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Prepaids, Inventory and Fixed Assets.
• Monitor intercompany transactions for the Company and its subsidiaries.
• Support Accounts Receivable processing, as necessary.
• Assist in special projects as requested.
• Review and update policies and procedures as needed.
• Serve as a back-up on Accounts Payable, key cost accounting functions, including BOM review, inventory reconciliations, and other duties, as needed.
• Effectively communicate with peers and management to ensure accurate processing of requests.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience and/or Training: 2 plus years of professional accounting experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment. Understanding of basic accounting concepts. Ability to work both independently and with teams in a deadline and detail-oriented environment. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Adept at troubleshooting, problem solving and responding to requests. Ability to deal sensitively with confidential data and sound judgement is a must. Proven problem solver. Strong written and oral communication. Ability to maintain effective cross functional working relationships and function as a team player.
Technology/Equipment: Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills; Ability to adapt computer skills to new systems.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Attention To Detail