Supervisor for SMP, Inc.’s Disputanta, VA location is a leader responsible for the Distribution Center production employees through the daily duties of the respective area of operation. This person resolves issues and motivates employees to safely produce quality products in a timely manner.
- Accountable to the Operations Manager for department performance in quality, cost, delivery, safety environment, and policy administration.
- Support planning of and management of departmental goals and metrics.
- Identify and help resolve production issues.
- Provide leadership for the operations associates in department.
- Ensure that associates within department have the necessary resources and training to accomplish department goals.
- Conduct coaching sessions, including performance evaluations, to improve associate performance.
- Recognize department and individual accomplishments.
- Lead associates through conflict resolution processes and mediate conflicts as needed. Resolve grievances and escalate higher-level disciplinary situations as appropriate.
- Document disciplinary issues.
- Approve department PTO per Company policy.
- Responsible for timely and accurate payroll data for department.
- Maintain adequate people/skills mix to run department in partnership with manager.
- Enforce all safety rules and company policies.
- Minimum Associate Degree and/or 5 years experience in related field; Distribution environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience with leadership, setting goals with follow-up, disciplinary issues, and policy enforcement.
- Strong organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with voice-based picking systems
- Experience in Warehouse and Distribution environment utilizing Engineered Labor Standards, JD Edwards, and WMS systems.
Physical Aspects / Work Environment:
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate
- Climate controlled warehouse
- Conflict Resolution
- Jd Edwards