Use this time to make a career change!
Are you ready to make an impact on education?
Looking to change careers?
Are you a former educator who is looking for a way to get back into the classroom?
Do you want to work for a company considered one of
America's Best Large Employers for three consecutive years by Forbes Magazine?
Openings across New Castle County!
A substitute teaching position with ESS may be the opportunity you're looking for!
When a teacher is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute teacher, you'll become an integral part of a school's educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students!
An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
- All candidates must complete an online application including a background check and a TB test with a negative result.
- Candidates must have at least a bachelor's degree to teach. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for paraprofessional positions.
- We offer benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You'll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you're not in a long-term role - you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
APPLY NOW FROM HOME!
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Substitute and Paraprofessional (Teaching)
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 700 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.