Position Overview: The LPN plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in hospitals, nursing homes, substance abuse facilities, or other institutions. May assess a patient condition and recommend a recreational activity. May assist the Registered Nurse with the nursing process with individual patients and/or groups of patients to meet their physiological, psychological, safety, and general health needs.
* Assess the physiological and behavioral health status of the patient.
* Completes initial assessment and develops the plan of care.
* Recognizes reports and acts upon reports of deviation in diagnostic studies.
* Accurately assesses and documents vital signs and signs of pain and ensures treatment of pain
* Communicates and documents client's psychosocial status.
* Collaborates with treatment team to include ancillary departments in order to determine appropriate treatment/discharge plan.
* Assists the client in understanding the nature of the disease of addiction and the need for treatment.
* Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
* Completes necessary documentation as required by organization Policies and Procedures.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations, and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
* Follows established policies and procedures for verification of narcotic counts
* Administers medications according to organization policy.
* Verifies the MAR for correct medication and administration times.
* Monitors behavioral changes which may be related to medication administration.
* Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by responding to requests for service or making appropriate referrals in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
* State Registered Practical Nursing license required.
* One year of experience in substance abuse detox.
* Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders and DSM Criteria.
* Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
* Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Impact and influence: works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
* Decision-making: makes good decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
* Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Electronic Medical Record
Diseases And Disorders
Long Term Care
Maintain Patient Confidentiality