Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Utilities Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Managing Principal Engineer, Utilities Engineering, and will be remote based on the East Coast.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of talented gas and electrical interconnection specialists responsible for establishing natural gas service and obtaining interconnection approvals.
- Create and execute strategic plans to ensure that the organization is prepared to address new business goals.
- Lead the group to set and meet or exceed performance goals that provide Bloom with competitive advantages in the marketplace.
- Coach, mentor, and help the team achieve higher levels of performance in a rewarding and fun environment.
- Be a charismatic leader with good leadership skills, including strong inter-personal skills to effectively manage and nourish relationships at senior levels with Utilities and Customers.
- Support the company’s expansion initiatives, working closely with Marketing, Product Management, and other internal teams.
- Meet with utility personnel to understand jurisdictional requirements and opportunities for timeline reduction.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments, new utility rules & regulations, and legislative changes that impact utility interconnections.
- Represent Bloom Energy at industry forums and events.
- Interface with consulting engineering and EPC partners.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience in a utility focused role. Electrical Engineering background preferred.
- 3-5 years management experience
- Knowledge of interconnection standards (Rule 21 and other interconnection standards) is essential
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Ability to switch between the strategic (e.g. developing process improvement plans with utility) and tactical (e.g. mitigation of short term scheduling risks)
- Ability to develop creative solutions to navigate challenging utility space
- Professional & collaborative – comfortable working closely with a team
- Self-starter - proactive and persistent with well-developed analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that include a minimum of the following:
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a clear, concise manner for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization effectively, from facilities personnel to financial leadership.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: [ Link removed ] .
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Electrical Engineering
- Endearing And Charismatic