Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
*** The deadline to apply for this position is Sunday 12/15/2019 and you must have an ORIGINAL California ID or driver's license, social security card, AND birth certificate or passport ***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintains and enforces integrity of all games consistent with company and departmental dealing procedures.
2. Understands and is responsible for following department procedures, Company policies and procedures, and the Dealing Procedure Manual.
3. Deals all games in an effective and concise manner, pursuant to departmental dealing Procedures.
4. Follows collections procedures to ensure that collections are properly obtained and recorded.
5. Greets players and provides excellent customer service.
6. Assists customers in any customer service requests, i.e., calling for food server, porter or supervisor.
7. When pushed, informs dealer next on rotation of information, which could effect gaming operation.
8. Notifies Floorperson or Shift Manager of any discrepancy or mistake in the games.
9. Notifies Floorperson or Shift Manager of any situations, which could; disrupt the flow of the game, create a potentially hazardous condition, or of any suspicious activity.
10. Responsible for keeping assigned section safe and orderly.
11. Required to sit in forty (40) minutes at a time, for at least an eight (8) hour shift.
12. May be required lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds for various job related duties.
13. Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by the Shift Manager.
14. Must be able to work full-time including any overtime as required; with or without notice.
15. Hand shuffling is an essential function of this position.
16. Employee must be able to perform duties without wearing tinted glasses, as such can affect the integrity of the games.
Work Experience Required:
• Minimum of one year of dealing experience or certification of completion from dealer school.
• High School Diploma and/or equivalent certificate and/or one year dealing experience.
• Must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Successful completion of dealing audition and/or completion of in-house dealer training.
• Must demonstrate positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments.
• Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position.
Commerce Casino operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. Schedules may vary depending on business needs.