The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of engineers to help drive cost reduction activities through process improvements to directly impact the overall performance objectives for the company and compliance to AS9100 and NADCAP requirements and/or division. This position significantly impacts Rexnord's ability in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Responsibilities
- Expert in utilizing key mechanical design and manufacturing principles, such as Statics, Dynamics, Mechanical Design, Thermodynamics, Materials and Heat Transfer to effectively make decisions impacting product quality, delivery and cost
- Reduce scrap and non-conformances by eliminating waste and variation in all forms.
- Optimize productivity through efficient, ergonomic and safe work station and tooling designs.
- Remain current in new Manufacturing Engineering technology, new manufacturing techniques and new equipment. Recommend new approaches where feasible
- Lead and participate in Kaizen events based on VSM Roadmaps
- Promote and facilitate the use/establishment of continuous improvement tools.
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing action plans to support achievement of strategy deployment and strategic business growth.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist others in solving problems using problem solving tools such as DMAIC.
- Drive in driving inventory position improvements through manufacturing velocity improvements and planning strategies.
- Develop and implement manufacturing cost out projects.
- Assist manufacturing and assembly associates to resolve set-up, tooling and fixture problems, special process (heat treatment, plating and welding) and selection of proper tooling and grinding wheels.
- Develop, maintain and implement process routings and set-up instructions for the production of parts and assemblies.
Experience and Skill Required
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Values Differences - Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- This position requires the application to be a US Person with an US permanent residence. A US Person a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- BS in Engineering, related technical field or 15+ years of manufacturing or industrial engineering required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Ability to extract critical data and analyze data to make informed business decisions.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Solidworks proficient
- Tool/fixture design background a plus
- Mastercam/Esprit proficient or has worked with either in the past.
- Understands CNC machining and has worked with different machining platforms
- Involved with capital/ justification purchases
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
- Team orientated with the ability to influence others without authority
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter. Business Unit
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran