Job Title: Jr. Contracts Energy Analyst Location: Houston, TX Who is Hudson Energy?
Hudson Energy Services is a strong, established retail provider of electricity and natural gas, serving commercial customers since 2002. Hudson currently has operations in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, Maryland, Canada and continues to expand. Who is Just Energy?
Just Energy is a retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities and bringing energy efficient solutions and renewable energy options to customers. Currently operating in the United States and Canada, Just Energy serves residential and commercial customers. Just Energy is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Filter Group Inc., Hudson Energy, Interactive Energy Group, Tara Energy, and terrapass.
Just Energy is proud to be named Best Electricity Company in Houston. The 2021 Best of the Best competition, presented by the Houston Chronicle, recognizes some of the city%26rsquo;s best businesses as determined by community choice. Job Summary:
Hudson Energy is seeking a Jr. Contracts Energy Analyst
for its Houston, Texas office. This person will be part of the Contracts team and support the team%26rsquo;s work in Contract Development and Administration. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, analytical thinker with problem solving skills with an attention to detail. A solid understanding of contract terms and energy markets is required. The Contracts Energy Analyst will evaluate and process commercial contracts for our North American divisions. Other duties will include evaluating contracts for compliance to terms along with developing analytical tools and performing analysis in support of cost recovery. This position requires, on occasion, working extended hours to complete daily processing of contracts. Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely turnaround of contract acceptance and analysis.
- Review all inbound customer agreements and book deals into Company%26rsquo;s energy management system.
- Responsible for margin analysis of all contracts for the commercial division.
- Maintain contract integrity for all sales channels in Company%26rsquo;s platform.
- Implement and release regulatory updates for all divisions.
- Review contract language change requests and prepare customized contracts.
- Drive enhancement of policies, procedures and business practices that improve efficiency within the Contract Administration function and the business.
- Perform pricing contract evaluation in support of cost recovery.
- Evaluate contracts to discover discrepancies in load consumption that impact cost components such as capacity and NITS tags.
- Up to one year of experience in Energy sector a must
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented, productive, and efficient.
- Must be well-organized and comfortable working in a stressful, demanding, and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel, Word and Power Point skills.
Bachelor's Degree in a business/analytical field of study (e.g. Business, Finance, Accounting Math). Benefits:
Just Energy offers a robust benefits plan for staff members, as well as Employee Assistance Programs that offer a wealth of tools and resources to enrich the employee experience. The company also provides a number of cost-free, self-development courses for those that wish to build on their skills and competencies. In addition, a variety of awards offer another opportunity to recognize and reward employees. We offer:
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Just Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer %26ndash; Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with Company matching opportunity
- Personal development resources
- Work from home (WFH) Model *During pandemic
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources and more
- Self Motivation
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Attention To Detail