To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Charleston, SC 29406
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Administrator
Scientific Research Corp • North Charleston, SC
Posted 16 days ago
Other Great Industries
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will ensure reliable and effective system infrastructure services through installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and network hardware and software. The Network Administrator will analyze and resolve high level system hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This individual will gather requirements, design solutions and plan and execute implementations using best practices and standards. This candidate is expected to have the expertise to enhance the existing system design, implement additional system elements and provide ongoing support and maintenance, including all analysis tools and monitoring. This individual must be proactive with a strong desire to innovate and work in a team environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge in IP & VoIP networking, data communications and systems engineering with an understanding and experience dealing with multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, multi-vendor equipment and network protocols
• Effectively diagnose and troubleshoot high level computer malfunctions relating to faulty hardware, software, server and/or network
• Maintain and oversee the backup strategy of all servers
• Implement and oversee converged Voice, Video and Data networks
• Communicate effectively regarding maintenance of networked technologies
• Implement quality control procedures to improve uptime of network and server devices
• Deploy and maintain server operating systems and software
• Design and engineer Microsoft AD, Email, Messaging, DHCP, DNS, and SCCM servers, Cisco Call Manager, Unity and Emergency Responder Servers and applications
• Coordinate with network team and other teams to design and implement automated deployment and maintenance technologies
• Design the installation of network hardware, software, systems documentation, and training
• Lead special technology projects as required
• Research, develop, and implement new technologies and best practices
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Intelligence and experience in Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, and VMware
• Knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL clusters in a production environment
• Experience using automated deployment and maintenance technologies
• Familiarity with load balancers
• Design and maintain a VMware-based environment
• Warranty procedures for network and server devices
• Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering experience in a robust network, product/service and system design, security, and implementation strategies
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience
• Required MCSE Certification
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Enterprise level knowledge of Architecture Concepts and Troubleshooting
• Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification
• Juniper Professional Level Certifications
• ITIL or CORBIT Certifications desired but not required
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000371681306
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.